Yesterday, Valerie got a call from her dad, and he said that Granny Chris didn't have much time to live. Well, with our thoughts on Granny Chris, we took to the water with some great friends. All Valerie wanted to do was fish in honor of Granny. After spotting some dolphins and catching a glimpse of a few far off whales, Valerie set out her line--with direction from John as to where to keep the lure. About 1/3 of the way through the "trough," Valerie got a hit. John took over the controls of the boat while I video-taped the catch. Valerie lost control of her emotions as she thought about Granny Chris and how she used to love to be out on the ocean with her husband Ken. I thought it was wonderful.
Valerie would get two more bites before we headed in. John saw the one fish get loose while Valerie was reeling it in. The other fish bit through the line. The lure wasn't cheap either.
After getting home and letting the kids see the fish, I filleted it and we later ate it for dinner. The kids ate it cooked while I ate mine raw. So ono. The fish was a skipjack tuna, otherwise known as aku in Hawai`i.
No comments:
Post a Comment